Parent Violating Court Orders? You Have Remedies

One of the most common types of cases that I handle involve one parent failing to follow a court order.  Whether it’s failure to pay child support or failure to allow visitation, failure to follow a court order has consequences.  People come to me angry and frustrated because they have tried to enforce the court order on their own, but the judge won’t give them any relief.  They are angry with the system, but the system is not the problem.  Pro se litigants do not know the proper procedure to enforce a court order, which often leaves the court with no choice but to deny the relief sought.

How Can I Enforce My Court Order?

The first thing you need to do is retain an attorney. If you try to do it yourself you are doomed for failure.  I have gotten child support from deadbeats, and children put on airplanes to visit their out of state parent, for example.  If there is an order not being followed I can get the other party’s compliance.

What Should I Do Next?

If you have a court order that is not being followed you should contact me immediately to discuss your options.  You can call me now at 708-466-6912 or contact me online. I often meet clients in the evening and on weekends, and all clients get my personal mobile phone number.  Legal problems don’t take weekends off and neither do I.

I represent clients in Chicago, and elsewhere in Illinois including the counties of Cook, Lake, DuPage, Will, Kane, Kendall, and McHenry. I represent clients in uncontested and contested divorces, and other family law matters including paternity, visitation and child support.

Leave a Reply